I have been so excited to welcome this very special guest to the Ribbon Resource Blog! Please help me welcome Lilavadi! She will be doing a series of posts with us, so we hope you enjoy her work as much as we do.
Here is a little about her:
Hello! My name is Savinova Alyona, also known as Lilavadi. I was born in Siberia but now I live in Saint-Petersburg. Scrapbooking is my passion for more than six years. I have been married for five years and I love my husband very much. We have three adopted cats and do our best to help homeless animals. Besides scrapbooking my second passion is baking. Well, I am so excited and honored to be a part of wonderful May Arts guest design team!
Don’t forget to post your comments at the end to enter to win our giveaway!
Be In The Know:
- Get Free Shipping with any domestic order – no minimum! Use Promo Code: FREESHIP
- Try our Ribbon of the Week! That’s a 50% discount – plus free shipping with the above coupon code.
- Get 25% off some of our most popular spring & summer ribbons – plus free shipping with the above coupon code.
Now for some ribbony inspiration:
Hi! Today I am sharing a sweet mini album in romantic style with lots of May Arts Ribbon.
While making this album I was inspired by spring with its beautiful colors and bird songs and my feelings of love in the air ) It has a 5×7 inch format which is very useful and not too big.
For this album I used very stylish paper with prints so it was not necessary to decorate it too much. Therefore the only embellishments I used were wonderful ribbons, laces, chipboard and die-cuts.
- 1.25’’ Silk Ribbon Lavender
- 1.5’’ Grosgrain ivory stripe ribbon Light Pink/Ivory stripes
- 3/4 Inch Twill / Chevron Stripes Ribbon Mauve
- 3/8 Inch Grosgrain Ivory Striped Ribbon Сelery/White stripes
- Paper Raffia Ribbon Purple
- 400 Yard String Burlap Ribbon Natural
- 5/8 Inch Adhesive Rosettes Ivory
Other Supplies Used:
- Garden Fable collection from Prima marketing (paper, chipboard and die-cuts)
- Sizzix Die – Tags
Some tricks I used for decoration with ribbons:
- To make a silk fringe from a ribbon fold the ribbon in half then glue on one side and make cuts on another.
- Tie the ribbon around your page and stick it just in top and bottom. After that you can use a space between ribbon and a page as a kind of pocket to keep notes or small photos.
- You can decorate tags with ribbons.
- Bow from the ribbon can be used not only as decoration but also to prevent a folding pocket from opening.
- You always can make a small bow from a ribbon.
Thanks so much for joining me today. I hope you’ve found a little inspiration.